11/14/2013

An Exciting Development

Just before going to bed last night, I decided to check my email. And boy, am I ever glad I did! (Not that it in any way helped me to fall asleep, but that's another matter.)

A family member had emailed explaining that he volunteers at his church with someone who works for a publishing company. He mentioned my novel to her and asked if they accepted unsolicited manuscripts (most do not, by the way). She said yes, but that they usually end up in a giant pile. (Not where you want your novel to end up.) HOWEVER, here's the exciting part. She told him that if I was interested, she would personally give my manuscript to one of their editors to read!!!

Of course, I'm trying not to get too excited.

But this is a huge deal, after all. A professional editor in a publishing company will be reading my novel. Nothing could come of it at all.

Or, I could get back some great feedback.

Or.....

They could decide they like it. Like it enough to publish it.

For now, of course, I'm trying to be chill about it. In the meantime, I'm praying very hard that God's hand will be in this and that He'll help me receive with grace whatever news is coming.

Thanks for joining with me in this prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment