1/27/2012

Book Review for "Advent Phoenix" by Carol Parsons

I will state from the beginning that Mrs. Parsons gave me a copy of this book in exchange for a review. With that being said, however, if I truly had not enjoyed the book, I would not have given it 5 stars. This is the third book in the series, but I had read book # 2, Dictates of Conscience (Journals of the Peregrine), and reviewed it previously.

"When the black king rules the starry skies, from out his past, his doom comes forth." This cryptic prophesy foretells the downfall of evil Sedric Modos, tyrannical military leader of the Imperium fleets. But will it come to pass? Whom shall bring forth his doom? And will it come too late to save the Patriots and their cause from obliteration? These are the stories of the epic battles between the Patriots and the Imperium, between good and evil. Journey with pilots Kynan Craig and Ganet IV as they and others seek the answers to these questions.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book (even though I'd read them out of order, reading the second book in the series before this one). In "Advent Phoenix", I got a chance to peer into Kynan's history and why he was the person he grew to be in "The Dictates of Conscience". I can't wait to get a glimpse into Ganet's back history as well.

Whether you are a connoisseur of science fiction or not, you will enjoy these books. Mrs. Parson's descriptive writing style is beyond compare. She ably brings to life whole worlds beyond our imagination and gives us detailed snapshots of the characters and the settings as if they were real. Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment